People with COVID-19 can experience a wide range of symptoms – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2 – 14 days after exposure to the virus.
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- If someone is showing any of these signs, seek emergency medical care immediately:
- Trouble breathing
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- New confusion
- Inability to wake or stay awake
- Pale, gray, or blue-colored skin, lips, nails beds, depending on skin tone
- KSB Care Anywhere, a virtual source for online or telephonic medical care for common illnesses and minor injuries, offers a free 5 question screening for the COVID-19 Coronavirus. If the initial screening indicates a heightened risk for the disease, a more lengthy assessment can then be done to differentiate Coronavirus from other viral illnesses. If indicated, you will receive recommendations for testing and self-isolation.
- Your Primary Care Physician can provide you guidance on whether testing is recommended along with advice on when to seek medical attention. Always call before going to your doctor’s office in order to minimize the possibility of sharing an infection with others. If you are in need of a primary care provider, the KSB Physician Referral Staff are available to connect you with a physician or advanced practice professional who can help. Call 1 (800) DOCTORS to discuss your options.
- All COVID Testing takes place at KSB Town Square Centre Lab located at 101 W. Second Street, Dixon. An appointment is required by calling your KSB provider’s office.
- If you are experiencing severe symptoms that require immediate attention, please call 9-1-1.
Answers to other general questions can be found by calling the Illinois Department of Public Health hotline.