What to expect during your stay at KSB Hospital
If you are coming to KSB for an overnight stay, we want you to feel welcome and comfortable. As an inpatient, we know that you will have special needs and concerns and we are confident that will meet your expectations with the highest level of quality care.
Packing for Your Stay
What You Might Want To Bring
- Warm socks, sleepwear or loose, comfortable clothes
- Personal grooming items including toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, hairbrush, shampoo, etc.
- Reading materials, word puzzles, or personal music players
Please Do NOT Bring:
- Valuables such as cash or jewelry. Any valuables can be stored in KSB’s security safe in our Cashier’s Office. If you wish to place a valuable in the safe, please inform your nurse.
- Electrical appliances including hair dryers, curling irons, electric shavers or radios.
Coming to the Hospital
- Please do not drive yourself to KSB Hospital. Most patients are not able to drive home safely immediately after their hospital stay.
- Follow your doctor’s instructions exactly for what to eat and drink and what medications to take in the days before coming to the hospital. If, for any reason, you have been unable to follow your pre-admission orders, please tell us. This is essential for your safety.
- Valet Parking is available for patient and visitors and is located outside of our Main Entrance at Door #3.
- Patient and Visitor parking is available in the parking deck. For directions, maps or details click here
When you arrive, proceed to the Patient Registration area located on the first floor of the hospital, just inside of Door #4.
- Emergency Patients who are being admitted will be registered through the Emergency Department, located just off of First Street.
Dining During Your Stay
Your diet, like your medication, is extremely important in resuming a healthy lifestyle. Hospital dietitians will work with your physician to ensure that you receive proper nutrition, according to your medical needs.
You will receive a menu with your breakfast tray to be filled out daily for the following day’s meals. Any visitors may dine with you and forms for ordering guest trays are available in your room.
At KSB we are confident in our ability to provide the highest quality care to our patients and we back up our services with a guarantee:
“If you are not satisfied with any of our services, we will do our best to correct the situation to your satisfaction.”
If at any point during your stay you find that our services are not meeting your needs, we welcome you to share your concerns with your physician or KSB staff member. In addition, our Patient Advocate Team can be reached by dialing Extension 5525 at any time during your stay.
Nominate an Outstanding Nurse
KSB honors two nurses each year and recognizes them for their outstanding care, compassion, and professionalism. If you would like to nominate a KSB nurse that made a meaningful difference in your care, or the care of a loved one, visit our DAISY Nomination page.