Call (815) 284-5700 to schedule your appointments.
Calcium Scoring Exam
A calcium scoring test is a non-invasive CT scan that calculates your risk of developing coronary artery disease or suffering from a heart attack by measuring the amount of calcified plaque in your arteries. This screening takes approximately 15 minutes and you are able to go about your normal day-to-day activities after your test.
Recommended for patients age 40-75 who have one or more of the following:
- Family history of heart disease
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Smoking habit
- And, No known Cardiac Vascular Disease
- No caffeine for 3 hours prior to test
- Wear clothing without underwires or metal from the waist up
- Name of your provider to accept the report
* cash payment up front at the time of registration.