At KSB, we understand that the cost of healthcare services can be a concern for you and we are prepared to help. Our staff is ready to assist you in understanding what your health insurance will pay and your options for paying the portion of your bill you are responsible for.
Our Patient Advocate Team is ready to ease your concerns and help you focus on your first priority – a prompt return to good health.
If you should have questions regarding your bill, please contact our Patient Advocate Team at (815) 284-4YOU (4968).
Financial Plans and Assistance
For patients who require financial assistance or who are experiencing temporary financial hardship, KSB offers several assistance and payment options, including prompt pay discount, long-term payment plans, charity and discounted care.
To apply for financial assistance, please complete and submit the below application:
Please be sure to include copies of income information along with your completed financial assistance applications. We must have this information for our process of review. Documents include:
- Copy of most recent complete Federal Tax Return (1040)
- Copies of last 3 payroll stubs
- Copy of most recent complete month’s bank statement
- Copy of any other other income, such as Social Security, Unemployment, Pension, Retirement, 401K, Rental Property, Investments, Child Support, etc.
If you are unable to provide any of the above information, please note on the back of the Financial Assistance Application.
- Plain Language Summary of Financial Assistance Program
- Items Not Covered by Financial Assistance
- Financial Assistance Program Policies
For questions regarding financial assistance, please contact:
Patient Financial Advocate
KSB Lovett Center
101 West First Street
Dixon, IL 61021
Phone: (815) 284-5714
Patient Education on Billing
As you may know, there are very specific regulations about billing for health care services. As your trusted health care provider, we are obligated to follow those regulations in how we report services provided to you. Additionally, every insurance plan may have different rules that vary from insurer to insurer and may even vary between plans of the same insurer.
- All physicians/providers must report services using a variety of codes to tell the insurance company what was done and why.
- It is not uncommon for patients in the course of a visit to receive management and treatment services for a separate and specific problem, as well as routine or preventative services at the same visit.
- Both services must be reported to the insurance company and may result in an additional co-payment or charge as per the insurer’s plan rules, which we are obligated to follow.
- There are many different insurance companies and plans; addressing a problem may trigger a co-payment or additional charges to your account.
- Your financial responsibility is determined by the rules of your insurance company, which we are obligated to follow.
- If you have questions, please check with your insurance plan.
- We are dedicated to providing the best possible care for you and your family and respecting your time.
KSB is committed to providing an excellent patient experience. Part of that commitment means we make every effort to be transparent and helpful as you plan for healthcare costs. With different insurance plans and deductibles, healthcare billing can be complex. We’ve created a Price Transparency resource to help you get the information you need to make an informed decision.
Pricing for common procedures and test are available by calling (815) 284-5700.
Before you call, it is helpful to have the following information on hand:
- The name of your insurance plan
- How much remains of your deductible
- You co-insurance percentage – for example: 80/20 or 70/30