Recipe: Chicken Pasta Salad a l’Orange
Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings
- 2 ½ cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (2 ½ ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/3 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- ¼ cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground mustard
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- ½ cup cubed avocado
1.) Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, chicken, celery, oranges and olives.
2.) For dressing, in a small bowl, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, orange juice concentrate, vinegar, sugar, salt and mustard. Pour over pasta mixture and toss to coat.
3.) For each serving, spoon 1 1/3 cups pasta mixture over 1 cup of greens; top with about 1 tablespoon avocado.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 29 grams carbohydrate, 3 grams fiber
Recipe from: “Taste of Home Healthy Cooking, 2013 Annual Recipes”